Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

If I didn't have a dog...




This morning after Buzz left, the dogs and I did our morning routine...we piled into bed together and I had to fight for enough space to lay in my king size bed. As I often do, I wondered, what would happen right now if I didn't have a dog.




If I didn't have a dog:


I would get the whole bed to myself after Buzz leaves in the morning.


I would never clean poop off of paws.


I would not often step in dog poop.


I would not pooper-scoop my yard.


I would not talk about poop as much.


I would not know much about pancreatitis, inflammatory bowel disease or know words like lipase, Tylan, or Azathioprine.


I would not have to deal with the embarassment of jumping, humping, or worry about loud or SBD dog gas when there are guests in my home.


I would have a lot more money.


I could travel without worrying about things such as IBD flare-ups.


I would not have experienced the spraying by a skunk to my Sam-dog at 6 am on a cold RI morning...thus, I would not know about the process of "de-skunking."


I would have never paid nearly a thousand dollars to have a 99 cent ball removed from a canine stomach by a GI vet.


I would have never driven from NC to FL to have a tumor removed from a Boxer.


I would not still get teary thinking about my Angel-girl. (I miss her so much...still.)


I would know much less about myself.


I would have never met some great friends (of the human persuasion).


I would not truly have a concept of "man's (WOMAN'S) best friend."


I would not have a daughter who can handle herself as well around animals.


I would not have a man of the house in Buzz's absences.


I would not have best friends that move with me and see me through life's ups and downs.


I would not have such great fans.


I may not have survived pregnancy.


I may not have survived 2 deployments.


I would not have anyone THAT excited to see me.


I would not know what it means to kidney bean dance.


I could not get boxer hugs and kisses on command.


I would get less exercise


I would not have a shoulder to cry on any time I needed it.


I would not laugh as often.


I would not have 4-legged, furry, stinky cuddle partners in the mornings when Buzz leaves for work...and I would miss it.




Thank goodness for dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment