Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Is it just me?

Is it just me, or...

Do other husbands leave their dirty clothes in every room in the house?  I mean, I don't feel it is ever appropriate to have dirty socks in the dining room.

Do other people get mosquito bites in random places?  Apparently a swarm attacked my bootie!

Do Blackberry's suck?

Speaking of technology, has the technological revolution gone too far with social media?  I mean, how connected is too connected?

Do others ever wonder what their dog is thinking?

Do other people love their "work" while at the same time want to do nothing other than hang out with their kid(s)?  (Hello, cognitive dissonance.)

Am I the only one who loses sleep after seeing an actor or actress on tv/a movie and can't remember what else he/she has been in?

Does the saying "If I've told you once, I've told you a million times" bother anyone else?  If someone's told me something once...they've told me once, not a million times.

Do other teachers literally bang their head against the wall while questioning the purpose of their existence while grading?

Is it common to feel like you're finally catching up financially only to have some minor (or major) disaster set you back...again?

Does singing in the car free the soul?

Do others find it impossible to ever have ALL the laundry done...and put away?

Does playing the "what if" game keep you up at night?

Do the parents who get really competitive at their young (i.e. 4-8 year old) children's sports events really get on your nerves?  This is supposed to be fun, people!

Does holding hot change make your teeth hurt?  (I think this came from having braces for too many years.)

Are the of words "I love you, Mom." the best on earth?

Can petting a dog really solve 85ish % of your problems?

Do you stir about the fact that owning a pet is so irrational, since your best friend is getting really old?

Do other people give voices to their pets?

Does mom-guilt bother you really bad?

Do you wish you could just hug away all of life's "bad/challenging/mean/though stuff" from your kid(s)?  But realize it's your job to teach them how to handle it...and freak out a little bit?  (That's a big job!)

Do you forget what it was like to not be a mom?

Does it seem impossible that you were ever young and carefree?

Does humidity make other people's hair look like something from a low-budget 80s video?

Do others only buy stuff on sale at the end of the season, so that their "fashion" is always at least a year behind...and not really care?

Do other people not really even know what is in fashion?

Should summer never end?  (I miss Florida.)

Is the beach the best place on the planet?

Do people who get really agitated while driving make YOUR blood pressure rise...yet you can't help but watch in amazement at other people's insanity?  (I recently witnessed what almost became a fist fight over a gas pump.)

Do other people stew over crazy questions?  :)

Just wondering...

Head on over to
and find out what's going on in other people's heads today. 

8 comments:

  1. There are a lot of these that I don't have answers for. But the one about singing in the car, yes, it does free the soul a bit. It's even more of a release if you do it with the windows down, not caring about the people next to you at the stop light. "Yeah, I'm singing something from Glee! What of it?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes yes. It's not just you. I love the beach, I hate rude drivers, I make up stuff my pet says, I love to sing in the car (and in the car I have a great voice *ahem*), I what if all the time...and on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep.

    I find dirty socks everywhere, Including the backyard which I can't figure out at all.

    I create thoughts for my pets out loud. Along with for my son.

    I sound AMAZING in the car. With the volume up louder than my actual voice of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, my husband puts his sock in the laundry basket. probably he does his own laundry. (he was work uniforms that have to be sanitized...very particular about that, hence he does it)...but don't think I get off easy; I do mine, 3 kids and the house stuff like towels, etc.
    However, it does amaze me that when his dishes Do find their way to the kitchen, they are placed ever-so-neatly above the dishwasher. Because that extra few inches to actually put them IN the dishwasher..well, that can just exhaust you.
    Hence my absolute firm belief that singing at the top of your voice in the car IS one of the most freeing things ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping over from PYHO. So happy to have popped in...I love this post!!! And yes, singing at the top of your lungs in the car (totally with the windows rolled down) frees your whole being. I try to do it as often as possible but my 3 year old won't have it sometimes. My laundry is NEVER done and the beach IS the best place in the world....oh so many things on this list I can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think laundry can ever get "done" either. There's always something getting dirty that very minute.

    And I don't know about other people's husband's but mine loves to leave clothes everywhere. But he stews when I say, oh how cute, you're marking your territory again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree with every single point (but replacing "dog" with "cat" ;)

    ReplyDelete