Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sam Doggy Dogg

If ever there was a dog with issues, that dog is Sampson. The last time I wrote, Sampson was going in for an ultrasound. They found enlarged lymph nodes and something else that was indicative of IBD. But nothing more than that in the belly region. An x-ray revealed that his spine has pretty much fused together--all of his vertebrae are calcified (I think I am using the right terms). So after our last round of difficulties, our regular vet sent us to a vet who does acupuncture. I was REALLY skeptical but figured I would try anything. I decided to embrace the idea and prepared myself for the laughter of those who found out. It paid off! Sampson is a new man. He can kidney bean dance with more flexibility, he runs around the yard, and plays like he hasn't done for months--maybe years!

So it's all good news, right? Uh, I'm not so sure about that. As I speak, he is having a "lump" removed from his shoulder. It's really small so hopefully if it is "the c-word" we caught it early. They are just removing it with local anesthetic (because he is the MAN and can handle that) today and sending it off for a biopsy. I am worried, of course. I mostly feel guilty because he was feeling SO good today and I spring this on him. Poor guy. His doctor was impressed at how great he is doing otherwise. Since we just moved here last year, she has not seen him in his full Sam Doggy Dogg element. I do believe she was impressed, amused, and entertained with his energy, kidney bean dancing, and "talking."

He'll be home in an hour or two. Luckily, Daisy is handling their time apart better so I am not having to tend to her every single second. (Our little Daisy Duke just MIGHT be growing up...maybe.) Anyway, I am going to hope for the best. I suppose that's all I can do at this point. Well, that and enjoy every amazing day we have of Sam Doggy Dogg in full effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment