Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Baby Guitars, Stolen Pillows, and Odometers

This week has been INSANE.  I need a moment just to reflect on some randomness and happiness from the past week before I go back into study-mode.  So here are a few of pictures from the past week that make me smile.

Last week, after returning from our latest too-long road trip, my parents met us at our house to return our dog-children (they are the best to us and their grandpuppies for watching them when we go out-of-town where doggies cannot go).  Anyway, K has been obsessed with my dad playing music (even more than usual--it's all she wants to listen to in the car) lately and, while we were at my parents' house on our latest trip, she kept playing my old, cheap ukulele.  So, my dad and Buzz conspired to get her a REAL guitar of her own...a Mini Martin.
There's nothing like the gift of music.  LOVE it!


A couple of nights ago, I go to get into MY bed on MY pillow and THIS is what I find:
Yep, that's my human child and my dog-boy snuggled up on my pillow together.  Wouldn't trade it for the world.  :)


Today, my hard-core, tough Marine husband comes in and tells me he's a dork and I HAD to see something in his car...
I thought it was broken...but he just happened to have ALL 8's on his odometer when he pulled into the driveway.  Dork alert for both of us...I had to take a picture.

Back to studying...Happy weekend!  :P

1 comment:

  1. I find my puppy and daughter in my bed all the time. Good thing my puppy is small :)

    I totally would have taken a picture of the odometer too!!

    ReplyDelete